Physically, my paws are feeling fine, but I'm still suffering from metaphorical itchy feet.
Do you know, I've had a passport for nearly ten years ? (The origin of my vet-phobia, but that's a story for another day). Yes TEN YEARS, but Gail's never once taken me on holiday abroad.
If we can't go to New Zealand - too far apparently - then how about Germany? Courtesy of attending Deutschklasse for about six years, I understand the language, after a fashion. I know a lot about their education system. I'm aware that I'm supposed to sit down when someone says 'Platz'. The fact that I tend to ignore the command is because it's pointless, not because I don't understand. I'm not stupid.
Oh. Gail says I've just reminded her why we can't go to Germany. Apparently they have lot of rules there and they expect people - and dogs - to obey. When a sign says something is 'verboten', it really is. And unlike here in dog-friendly Scotland, the dreaded notice "Hunde an der Leine" is common and not subject to flexible interpretation.

Well is this all true I wonder? Or is Gail just trotting out some well-worn 'towels by the swimming pool' style stereotypes as an excuse to leave me at home, to only dream of all those Würste?