"Money doesn't grow on trees you know Hamish".
What sort of a statement is that? Of course I know money doesn't grow on trees. It grows in those little machines you find in walls in the city centre.
So what's that got to do with me having to stay at home alone all day, just when I've got used to having Gail here almost all the time? She's suddenly taken to disappearing shortly after my morning walk, and not returning until well after tea time.
So that's me, home alone all day. Well, a neighbour has been calling round in the afternoon to take me out for a short walk. And at least I can get out into the back garden through the dog flap, and carefully patrol the boundaries, or roll on the grass. Maybe do a bit of excavating too. Or, inside the house, I can position myself on the top of the sofa to look out the front window and keep an eye on what's going on in the street. Bark a little at passers by. And then again, an old chap does need a fair bit of sleep.
But even so. I would like some company. If only I could use the computer without Gail's help, then I could communicate with my blogging pals. Has anyone designed a paw-friendly keyboard yet, I wonder? A bit like those phones you can get for old folk?
I guess I'm going to have to get used to this new regime, at least for a while. Something to do with Gail being able to pay for dog food and vets bills apparently!