I decided to help Gail find some dinner last weekend. We are 65 miles from a supermarket when we stay at the Loch Torridon cottage, so my hunting instincts come to the fore.
First, I tracked down some mussels. (Now that I'm getting on a bit, I do find that hunting is easier when the prey is fixed to a rock).

The sheep looked delicious, but I'm not allowed to chase them. Something to do with a local farmer being handy with the shotgun apparently. And anyway, they can run away pretty fast, those sheep - longer legs then me, you know....

Now, much as I love bones, even I would have to admit that this skull I found maybe wouldn't make for a filling meal. (By the way, can any budding anatomist out there tell me if it's an ex-sheep or an ex-deer?)

Finally, in the woods, I found some of these yellow fungus-y thingies. Lots and lots of them in fact. Not my cup of tea at all, but Gail was unaccountably excited.
Back at the cottage, I had a little snooze whilst Gail, drenched in super-strength insect repellent AND wearing a midge net over her head, went out into the garden to pick some more human-only stuff (cherries and blackcurrants).
Well Gail seemed to think we'd gathered a fine old feast.
But I checked the goods out quite carefully.
And then decided to opt for a liquid dinner....
