Knowing that when I returned to work the first week of Aug. it would be incredibly busy, I made self-care appointments toward the end of each of the past two weeks to help ensure I wouldn't feel completely depleted and unbalanced from work.
This week, I got a 45 minute "pick-me-up facial." This was my second facial ever. The first one was at a cosmetology school a few years ago, and while it was nice, I definitely knew that I'd much rather spend my self-care time and money getting a massage. I decided to try out getting a facial again because I had a coupon that made it practically free. And, it was heavenly and oh so relaxing! Now, I'm thinking facials might just rate right up there with massages!
Here are some more self-care ideas:
*mani's and pedi's
*getting your hair done (cut, color, etc.)
*browsing a bookstore
*chilling at a coffee shop reading and/or writing
*turning the cell phone off for an entire evening
*doing yoga
*saying no to requests you would usually say yes to out of feelings of guilt or obligation
*going to dinner at your favorite restaurant with yourself (sushi would be my choice)
When's the last time you scheduled a self-care date? What are your favorite self-care activities?
Namaste'
Leslie