
Today I tried by first
Bikram yoga class - truthfully, not too hot compared to what I was exepcting, as I think my power yoga training and those 5 hour yoga sessions prepared me well!
However, if you're new to yoga - perhaps stepping into a hot hot hot room of 38 degrees for the very first time ever would turn you off the practice for good! Oh the other hand, maybe a more meditative practice is going to be too boring for you.
The good news is that there are so many different traditions of yoga, and different styles within each of those traditions - and then again, different teachers within each of those styles. Really - if one class doesn't suit you, try and try and try again - it could change your life.
But where to start? There's a
great article on Yoga Journal that you should take a peak at to give you a bit of an idea of what's out there. But really, I can't suggest strongly enough to just get out there and try it. Further, there is no one way to get into yoga - read about some ways people got into the practice
here, at Daily Cup of Yoga.
So - have I convinced you yet? Go yogis, go! I promise you, yoga has the power to change lives. : )
Now tell me, how did YOU get into yoga, and what practice floats your boat?
Looking forward to hearing the stories!
x stella